Project Summary and Location
The I-515 Alternatives Development Study was initiated by NDOT in October 2015 to identify short-term operational and safety improvements on U.S. 95 and I-515 in the Las Vegas area. The study area for this project extends from I-15 to Charleston Boulevard Interchange on I-515.
Purpose, Need and Goals
The purpose of the I-515 study is to improve traffic flow and safety on I-515 between I-15 (Spaghetti Bowl) and Charleston Boulevard by implementing near-term and cost-effective transportation improvements. This area currently experiences impaired traffic flow resulting from high traffic volumes, geometry, and incidents. Furthermore, I-515 experiences higher than expected crashes.
The goal for the study is to identify near-term improvements
on I-515 that:
- Improve mobility and safety
- Improve access to downtown Las Vegas
- Improve mobility during special events
- Minimize right-of-way acquisition
- Minimize environmental impacts
- Maintain or improve multimodal connections
- Do not preclude long-term improvements
- Enhance mobility during special events
- Maintain/improve multimodal connections for buses, pedestrians and bicyclists
Conceptual plans will be completed for up to three top projects identified during this study. The present plan is to have one of these three projects approved environmentally and ready for construction as soon as Federal Fiscal Year 2018.
Public Meeting Resources
Level 2 Quantitative Assessment
NDOT concurs with Jacobs Engineering Group's recommendations to advance the following project for further development and benefit-cost analysis, as described in the Task Order #2 scope of services for the subject agreement. The projects to be advanced, listed below in no particular order, are:
- City Parkway SB Ramp
- Las Vegas Blvd & Casino Center Blvd Interchange Improvements
- Eastern Ave Interchange Improvements (including one-way frontage road, Eastern to Mojave)
- SB Lane Drop Elimination at I-15 Underpass; providing full SB auxiliary lane to Charleston (partial widening downtown/striping with reduced shoulders to Charleston)
- Pecos Road Roundabout Interchange
- Braided Ramps/CD Road from Las Vegas Blvd to I-15 in NB direction
In addition, the following projects will be considered for incorporation within the above listed projects:
- I-515 Viaduct Replacement (Structure G-947-Las Vegas Blvd to I-15)
- I-515 Viaduct Rehabilitation/Widening (Structure I-947-Las Vegas Blvd to Eastern Avenue)
Check back soon for exhibits of the alternatives listed above.